Federal Offense Attorneys in San Antonio, TX
Have you been accused of committing a federal offense in San Antonio, TX? If so, you could be facing a number of serious punishments, including some that could threaten your career, relationships with your loved ones, future living and job prospects, and overall livelihood in San Antonio, TX. The risk of trying to defend yourself against the United States Government and failing to successfully do so is a risk that you cannot afford to take. You need a team of expert attorneys by your side, fighting for your rights and freedoms, and making sure that you never feel left in the dark during the course of your case; at The Locke Law Group, this is exactly what you’ll find.
You’ve been arrested for a federal offense; now what?
If the police suspect that you’ve been involved in the commission of a federal crime in San Antonio, TX, you will likely be arrested and investigated. It is critical to obtain the services of an experienced federal offense attorney as quickly as possible once this has occurred so that your attorney can begin an investigation of their own. The sooner an investigation is launched on your behalf, the better your chances of collecting the necessary evidence for proving your innocence or otherwise showing why your charge should be reduced or dismissed.
- What Happens If You Get Arrested For A Federal Crime In San Antonio TX?
- What Types of Federal Crimes Does Your Firm Handle?
- What Can I Expect After Being Arrested For A Federal Crime?
- Can I Get Probation If I Am Convicted Of A Federal Crime?
A federal offense attorney who is involved early on in the case will also be able to ensure that the preliminary hearings are carried out properly and result in the best possible outcome for you; since one of the preliminary hearings will involve a determination as to whether you should be released from custody during the pendency of the case, having a federal offense attorney speak on your behalf can quite literally mean the difference between imprisonment and freedom.
The lawyers at The Locke Law Group in San Antonio, TX have a significant amount of experience representing individuals who face impending conviction for possession of child pornography, possession of narcotics, money laundering, and fraud. The following are just a few of the possible defenses for such cases:
- Unlawful search and seizure- If drugs, child pornography, or other evidence indicating the commission of a federal offense was obtained by the authorities in an illegal fashion, a motion to dismiss that evidence could be filed on that basis prior to trial. If successful, such a motion would eliminate the government’s evidence and therefore severely weaken their case against you.
- Entrapment- If it can be shown that law enforcement agents coerced you into committing a crime which you otherwise may not have committed, a skilled federal offense attorney in San Antonio, TX may be able to argue that you were the victim of entrapment, and should therefore not be convicted.
- Insufficient evidence- Since the burden of proof falls on the prosecutor, it is their responsibility to provide sufficient and convincing evidence of your guilt. If your federal offense attorney is able to prevent evidence from being used in trial or show that the prosecutor simply doesn’t have enough evidence to prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, then you may avoid a conviction.
- No intent to commit a crime- If it cannot be proven that you intended to commit the crime for which you’ve been charged, it will be difficult for the prosecutor to successfully convict you.
Don’t procrastinate; contact us today and move one step closer toward regaining the life you’ve built in San Antonio, TX.
Call Now For A Free Strategy Session