Receive the Personalized Attention you Deserve from Seasoned Family Law Attorneys in San Antonio, TX
When facing the reality of divorce, especially when children are involved, a person’s entire world can be turned completely upside down. The job of a family law attorney is to provide you guidance in your new upside down world. Fear of the unknown can be paralyzing; sometimes so much so that no action is taken during a time when action is crucial. Couples dealing with divorce or separation are concerned about how this kind of major life changes will affect their pocketbook moving forward and how they’ll be able to maintain a relationship with their kids if they’re no longer able to see them every day.
Husbands and fathers are understandably fearful about how divorce will affect their bottom line, and that they’ll never see their kids again if they file for divorce. There is a myth that fathers are left penniless and alone after divorce. At The Locke Law Group we fight every day for fathers making sure that they have access to their children and that they continue to be able to provide for their family. Fathers sometimes become distraught wondering if their spouse will take everything, leaving them with nothing. “How do I know if I’ll ever see my kids again?” They sometimes ask. They potentially see dollar signs flying out the window with their property being divided while they are forced to make child support payments. Don’t navigate these issues alone, come in and talk to us so you can get a clear idea of how we can avoid your fears and make sure that you maintain a relationship with your children.
Wives and mothers are also understandably fearful about the financial ramifications of divorce and separation. They are concerned about how they will pay the bills on half the income or whether child support will be enough to cover even half of the needs and expenses of the children. Many times, women feel that they are at a disadvantage in the negotiations of crucial decisions regarding living arrangements and preserving the lives of their children as much as possible.
When parties cannot amicably resolve their differences, often judges are left to decide what should happen. This too, can be a terrifying proposition because parties must leave their fate and the fates of their children in the hands of a stranger. Judges must act fairly under the law and divide the assets and debts comprising a marital estate equitably. When dealing with children’s issues, judges must rule in accordance with the law and in a manner that is in the best interest of the children. Texas law provides a standard visitation schedule that is deemed in the best interest of the children, which provides both parents with meaningful time with their kids.
If you are facing divorce and/or child custody issues, it is important to have an aggressive advocate in your corner who understands your issues and who will fight for your interests. If you are thinking about divorce, if you are having child custody or child support issues, or if you have been served by the other party in a family law case, call The Locke Law Group in San Antonio, TX today. We know the judges, we know what they are looking for and we know how to fashion arguments to impress them and get what is best for our clients and their families. We are a firm who understands your needs and we know how to fight for you.
- Common Law Marriage: How To Know If You Are Really Married In Texas
- How to Modify a Child Custody Agreement in Texas.
- What You Need to Know Before Getting Divorced- Standing Orders In San Antonio, TX
The attorneys at The Locke Law Group in San Antonio, TX have a great deal of experience representing individuals dealing with a variety of issues, including but not limited to the following:
- Child custody matters – The first and foremost priority when dealing with child custody matters is the well-being of the child or children involved, and the family law attorneys at The Locke Law Group will never lose sight of this.
- Adoption – Making the decision to adopt a child is life-changing, and shouldn’t be clouded by complicated legal matters or the stressors that invariably tag along. The right attorneys will ensure that all of the documentation required in San Antonio, TX gets completed and filed properly, making as smooth as possible what will be one of the most memorable events of your life.
- Paternity matters – Every rightful parent deserves to be treated as one, but unfortunately, conflict between couples and spouses can lead to questions about paternity, leaving a father feeling stripped of his parental rights. On the flip side of the coin, many mothers find themselves raising their children alone, and without the financial resources to do so. In either scenario, establishing paternity will be critical to the well-being of the child or children involved.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements – While many soon-to-be-married couples aren’t inclined to let themselves consider the possibility of their marriage dissolving, it is almost always advisable to have a plan in place, just in case it does. An experienced family law attorney should always help create or at least review these agreements in order to ensure that everyone’s property rights are being protected.
The above-mentioned family law matters are by no means comprehensive of the cases the attorneys at The Locke Law Group are willing and able to take on. Don’t hesitate to call today and inquire about the family law issue that’s impacting you and your life in San Antonio, TX; once you do, you’ll be that much closer to moving on with it.
Call Now For A Free Strategy Session